27 February 2011

Exterior walls


I have been working on the exterior of the mediterranean. The changed  look of the house will resemble the Greek island houses you see on the Cyclades. White washed walls and blue window shutters.

25 February 2011

My Daughter's play :)

Yesterday my 2nd daughter , Kathryn was in the 5th grade play '' The Quest for Courage'' , the whole grade  prepared everything, Kathryn was also one of the stage managers.  The play has been written by 5th graders in the past.  My son Manoli was one of the writers then, his part in the play was  Sir Know-it-all . Kathryn was princess Clothlide.
What can I say : A very proud mum! :)

19 February 2011

Mediterranean Kitchen Walls

I finished the walls today, its been taking  long  to finish the project as looking after the kids and hubby take most of my time. I mentioned the way I made these in this blog entry earlier.

The flowers are from a kit from Pascale Garnier, I havent decorated it it yet or added any other items as I wanted just to show you what I have completed so far. Once I have finished the whole house I will start to add the details, most of which has been in storage for years.

14 February 2011

Mediterranean House

Click on the above image to take you to the video ad of this house

I have been working on it and should have some pics very soon. Meanwhile here is a small climpse of the bathroom.

I redecorated the mirrors of the collection of this house. They were brown frames, I painted it them cream and then added gold leaf and tried to distress the look.

The floor tiles were an idea from Brae at Otterine ,She guided me to find these, thank you for the help Brae!

11 February 2011

Its been a long time.....

Its been crazy with no time for hobbies, but here is an update on some of the things that have been going on. I started this week a tiled wall project, this involved taking watercolour paper to paint with acrylics in these shades Vanilla, Napoli yellow, pistachio, pale olive, sienna and powder blue. Each sheet had about 3 of these shades in various combinations. Brush strokes, sponge painting, blowing streaks of the watery version of the colours. Then each sheet was cut into 1 cm by 1 cm squares and glued to my 'wall'. Not sure if I will like the result but here is what I have done so far. I found Josje tutorial very helpful, wish me luck.

I have also been very lucky with generous internet friends. Thank you so much!

I received these from Kikka

and these from Jean


Blog Widget by LinkWithin